Chairperson : Dr Yong Yang
· Teaching children of different levels during weekends (usually Sunday from 10am to 4pm) to aim at national qualifications in Mandarin
· Teaching at least one class of pupils from different communities. The number of pupils in a class will depend on the number of pupils enrolled.
· Helping the school organise a wide range of educational, cultural and social talks/events.
· Supporting pupils in participating in national Chinese competitions in Scotland
· Helping the School and Head Teacher organise various activities at the School and in other places in Scotland (if applicable)
· Engaging with other teachers as a member of the teaching staff to run the school smoothly
· a native Mandarin speaker
· relatively good English to communicate with pupils, parents and other stakeholders
· qualification(s)/degree(s) in Education/the Mandarin Language/the English Language
· experience of teaching at schools/universities. Ideal to have the experience and knowledge of teaching Mandarin for qualifications in Scotland/China.
· self-motivated and adaptable with ability to prioritise teaching tasks and outcomes
· a confident, friendly and patient manner, combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· a keen interest in and willingness to relate to people from different backgrounds
· acknowledgement that cultural and social events request not generally normal working hours.
This post is not on the
current "shortage occupation" list and does not meet the minimum
qualification requirements as issued by the UK Home Office, so it will not
qualify for a work permit. Unfortunately we are unable to consider
applications from candidates for this post who require a work permit to work
in the UK.